Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tiffani In Ireland

More great travel stories from our Continental Travelnurses! Tiffani shared some photos and a quick rundown of her fun adventures in Ireland.




I stayed two nights Dublin, two nights Cork, two nights Galway, and then one more night in Dublin as my flight was the next morning. In Dublin I saw Kilmainham Gaol, St Patrick's Cathedral, St Michan's crypts (and rubbed the finger of an 800-year-old mummy - for good luck!), and walked through St Stephen's Green.
I did a "Food, Fairies, and Folklore" event at a pub - it was a 3-course dinner with a speaker teaching us about the history of food and superstition in Ireland. It was so neat!
In Cork there was a bit of bad weather - rain, wind gusts up to 100kph. But the following day was nice and I went to Blarney Castle (loved it! SO beautiful!), Kinsale, and Cobh (and saw the Titanic exhibit). I didn't see too much of Cork, as it is much smaller and is more of a place to live as opposed to visit. So 2 nights was enough.
Galway -- I went to the rugby game on the Friday, and then on a tour through the Burren to the Cliffs of Moher on the Saturday. We saw fairy trees and a fairy fort (which is good, since I had learned about them on Tuesday night). Sunday I was back in Dublin, and met up with a girl I had met on Tues - we went to the Whelan Bar, which is featured in the movie P.S I Love You. I was traveling alone the entire time, but I made a few friends in every city I went to. -- Tiffani by email


Sounds like a great getaway. If you want to see where your valuable nursing skills can take you, contact Continental Travelnurse today to see about living and working in the UK for as little as three months or as long as you choose.